#OspolyDecides2026: Aliyah Vows to Close Communication Gap, Introduce Digital Secretariat in AGS Race

Bimbzy

By Victor Olubiye

Abioye Aliyah Abimbola, an ND1 Public Administration student of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, has promised to improve communication between SUG leadership and students through a digital record system, regular updates and accessible complaint channels if elected Assistant General Secretary.

Aliyah, popularly known as Bimbzy, made the pledge in an exclusive interview with The Creativity Site during its #MeetTheContestants Election Interview Series ahead of the 2026 OSPOLY SUG election.

The aspirant said her decision to contest was motivated by what she described as a gap between SUG leadership and students, particularly in the areas of information flow, documentation of complaints and accessibility of records.

“I’m contesting for the position of Assistant General Secretary because I believe in service, transparency, and effective representation,” she said.

“As AGS, I want to be that bridge that ensures every student’s voice is heard, every record is kept properly, and SUG activities run smoothly. I’m not just contesting for a title — I’m contesting to serve.”

Aliyah said she understands the office of the Assistant General Secretary to involve record keeping, communication, handling official correspondence and supporting the General Secretary in running the SUG secretariat.

To improve the effectiveness of the office, she proposed the creation of a digital secretariat using Google Drive to store SUG minutes, letters and reports, alongside an AGS complaint box where students can submit suggestions and complaints physically or online.

She also proposed a monthly town hall where SUG executives would provide updates and respond directly to students' questions.

On communication, Aliyah said she would use WhatsApp and Telegram broadcast channels for updates on issues including fees, examinations, events and emergency notices.

She also plans to work with class and departmental representatives to improve the spread of information across the campus, while introducing a weekly SUG bulletin summarising the union's activities.

“No student should ever say ‘I didn’t know’ again,” she said.

Beyond communication and documentation, Aliyah said she would work with other SUG offices on an orientation guide for freshers to help new students settle into the Polytechnic.

She said her approach to the office would be based on being “proactive, digital, and accessible,” adding that she would work closely with the General Secretary to ensure deadlines are met and official information reaches students on time.

Asked why students should support her candidacy, Aliyah said she was offering action rather than rhetoric.

“I’m not coming with big grammar — I’m coming with action,” she said.

She identified transparency, accountability and accessibility as her major commitments, promising that students’ complaints and suggestions would be documented and followed up if she is elected.

“I am ALIYAH, and I’m running to serve you,” she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#OspolyDecides2026: Accountancy Student, Abby, Pledges Transparency, Welfare Desk in SUG Auditor Bid

Ero-Arike Workers Appeal to Nigerians as Political Backlash Threatens Brand Patronage

#OjudeNAMACOS’26: Four Houses, Different Colours, One Family at OSPOLY

FULL LIST: 19 Presidential Candidates and Running Mates for 2027 Election

#OspolyDecides2026: ‘Every Naira Must Be Accounted For’ — AMK Speaks on OSPOLY SUG Treasurer Bid

Nollywood Mourns as Actress Atinuke Kareem Dies After Breast Cancer Battle

FULL LIST: Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between January and August 2026

Before Cancer Reaches Stage 4: 10 Warning Signs You Should Not Ignore, According to WHO, NCI and ACS

#OSPOLYDecides2026: Oludayo Pledges to Make Every Student’s Voice Heard, Value Recognised

Ogogo: 10 Things to Know About the Nollywood Veteran Before His Final Farewell